Friday, October 26, 2012

The Play Date Cafe PDCC155



It's a brand new week here in The Cafe!

Many, MANY thanks to all of you who joined us for our
3rd Anniversary Celebration.  You made it a real party for sure!

Don't forget...we now announce our 
'Cup of the Week'
and Honorable Mentions
on Fridays, so simply scroll down!

Before we get to our current challenge,
we have another very bittersweet announcement to make.


This week we say goodbye to our sweet
Ruby came to us from the UK and inspired our players
each week, to think 'outside the box', use color
and have fun.
She is going on to pursue one of her career passions
as a life-coach and finds that she will have to make
sacrifices here in blogland to create the time she
needs to move forward with her career.

Ruby...we love you and will miss you dearly here
in The Cafe.  We wish you all the best life has to
offer and know that you will be specTACular
at all you continue to do!


This week's suggested colors are ...

Mint ... Gold ... Leather


We are so happy to welcome back



as this week's sponsor

At Technique Tuesday, we are committed to offering the most beautiful, high-quality, affordable clear stamps and paper crafting products. We are also committed to sharing the art of stamping and our enthusiasm for paper crafting through our website, blog, newsletters, and workshops. Whether you prefer a simple style or an embellished look, are a beginner or have been crafting for years, our products will help you create beautiful scrapbook pages, 
personalized handmade cards, unique gifts, and one-of-a-kind home décor items.


And someone is going to win ...


Guess who they brought with them this week?!


Oh yeah!
It's Paper Crafts Magazine 'Go-To Gal'
Teri Anderson!

"Hi! I’m Teri! I am a 30-something maker of all things paper related from out West! Cards, scrapbook pages, tags… you name it, I’m there. I make something nearly every single day. I’m a Go-to Gal for Paper Crafts magazine, and I’m on a number of design teams. I spent a good chunk of last year teaching at conventions around the country for Technique Tuesday. I was also lucky to teach for Paper Crafts magazine in the Caribbean as part of their paper crafting cruise last Fall. When I’m not making stuff, I’m going spending time with family, friends and two fluffy dogs. I am going to concerts, taking pictures and planning my next road trip.
I blog at terisplace.wordpress.com"
 

The Play Date Cafe Design Team had a chance to
play with the terrific stamps from Technique Tuesday
this week and what a great line-up of inspiration!

So here is the inspiration 
from our Design Team...

Private Blend Designer
Connie Mercer


 Anya Schrier


 Donna Bowman 


 Private Blend Designer
Amy Tsuruta


Jaclyn Miller


 Jen Cuthbertson


Jocelyn Olson


  Lynn Adams


  Rachel Kleinman


Stacy Rodriguez


   Veronica Zalis


  Alicia Thelin





You can stay up-to-date with all that's 
happening here in The Cafe.
Come *LIKE* us on Facebook
and
Follow us on Twitter
@ThePDCC

  

14 comments:

  1. Oh my such beautiful colors and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mint, mint, everywhere mint. Who owns a mint inkpad??? This too will be a true "challenge." Great DT work. Just love Veronica's card ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I will miss Ruby but wish her the best. Love this color combo!! Thanks for the inspiration DT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the inspriation cards - the keep calm & ?? are just fab! Veronica's card is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - I miss you already, Ruby! Gorgeous inspiration from the DT!!! (I don't see an Inlinkz button, I'll check back!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creations using Technique Tuesday stamps and the color challenge. Trying to add my card for the challenge and I don't see where. Am I missing it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a pretty combo. At first glance it's more 'cardy' than 'scrapbooky', but I put my thinking cap on. Or maybe I will actually make some cards - it's been too long

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the different takes on these colors! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty colors and fab samples! Hope to join along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great color story this week and I love the new look for the blog!! Happy anniversary and here's to another great year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Challenge, but my card is unfortunately not so nice and the colors on my photo is very different :-/.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great color combo, I unfortunately missed your deadline as usual, I always forget it's a quick challenge. But I enjoyed using these color combos on my layout! http://bkfastattiffanys.blogspot.com/2012/10/remember-this-moment-crafting-family.html

    ReplyDelete